Image hosting by Photobucket
Sunday, March 19, 2006
Faith Hope and Love
These are the things that have gotten us through the past week. These are the things that will carry us through the rest of our lives.

I could bore you with all of the revelations that I (we) have had in the past week. Most of it is very religious stuff that many of you don't believe in anyway. However, our faith is very strong. No apologies or disclaimers here in referring God.

This little boy will be in our hearts forever. Personally I still consider him my son. We have tried to liken his loss to many things. Miscarriage, still birth, or even a child that was kidnapped and then found.

While these analogies are similar they just aren't quite right. A will never come and live in our home. He may never even leave Russia, but he is our son the same. Right now I consider myself to be a very lucky woman. I truly believe that the Lord sent this little boy who had nothing to us to pray for and love. There are people all over the world thinking of this little boy. Just look at the map below.

Not only did this boy have all of this love and support he now has a home, a mama and papa to love and care for him. He will never again have to wake up in the orphanage. My prayers have been answered.

So where does that leave us? Well... moving forward. Jen put it best. Adoption Adventure was all about A. She is correct. The past year our lives have revolved around that one little person. We felt it only appropriate to start fresh with a new blog. So this will be our last post from Adoption Adventure. We are packing up and moving to some new digs. Go check it out. Our new blog is called Unexpected Miracles. It will chronicle the second act in our adoption journey. We hope that you will continue to follow along with us. Adoption Adventure will still be here. We are going to leave it for people to refer back to. We don't want to erase the last year, we just want to move forward.

Bye Little A. We're going to miss you!

"Pray to God, but continue to row toward shore." -Russian Proverb
14 Comments:
Blogger Jenny said...
I wanted to quickly write to say this breaks my heart but a fresh start is probably the best idea and I commend you for being so brave. I am happy by chance I found you, considering I am doing China adoption. I am glad to be your friend and I feel priviledged to follow your new journey.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Goodbye my "almost" nephew. I will always remember that cute smile and chubby cheeks!
Be safe and loved, always!
Your Aunt Lee

Blogger Maggie said...
A is beautiful. He's a blessed little boy in that he has a family in America that will always remember, love, and pray for him. And a new family in Russia who will love and care for him.

I'm so glad to hear that you're going to continue. I'm impressed with your strength and I'm glad to call you friend.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
That is a great perspective about your prayers for him. I still pray for a little girl in another country who still is in an orphanage. Her b/mom won't relinquish her or raise her. I do believe its my honor to pray for her. Best wishes on your new journey. Serena

Blogger Jennefer said...
Wow- I think you guys have broken the record of support from your last post. I hope you guys feel all of the love that has been and is aimed at you.

Starting over with a new blog is such a perfect idea. Your new blog can now be totally dedicated to your new child and your new chapter like you said. Not forgetting about this last year, but moving forward with faith and optimism. A has been really lucky to have had you praying and thinking about him over this past year and I am sure you won't forget him.

I am looking forward to reading about your upcoming Unexpected Miracles!

Blogger 6blessings said...
You are awesome and an inspiration and strength to me especially right now in the middle of our situation. Going through similar circumstances, I understand the peace and the pain just a little bit. A is so lucky and blessed to have you as his "prayer mom and dad". I know you will pray for him the rest of his life. God bless you in your future. He has great things in store for you.

Blogger A Room to Grow said...
you've been such a strong woman from my perspective in blogland. i'm not sure if i could have started again. i am rooting for an efficient and successful round 2 for you guys. you deserve it.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I am so shocked to read your site....the exact thing you are experiencing has just happened to us as well! Our beautiful daughter's picture still sits on our mantle but she is now with her new Russian family. You can visit our site at burnamnews.com
I truly understand how you feel and I hope we both find the children we are meant to this time. I will be keeping an eye on your progress...Best Wishes!

Blogger Sandra said...
Hi - I just came across your blog through Margaret's blog for Peanut Pants. My heart goes out to you and the little boy that you lost. I hope you find peace and agree with you that perhaps he was layed upon your hearts so that you will keep him in your prayers.

Blogger Rod said...
Please visit our community about 13 year old Alex from Ethiopia.

Visit Alex web site today and discover the true, heart warming story of faith and prayers. Read how this young Ethiopian street child is being rescued from a certain death on the streets of Addis Ababa. DISCOVER THE REAL LIFE STORY OF HOPE AND SUCCESS FOR ALEX Link to us today and follow the progress as Alex adjusts to the safe world in Europe where he will hopefully soon get a good education and health. http://alex-roadtofreedom.blogspot.com

Blogger elizabeth said...
hi - i'd be really grateful if you'd join my website which is a forum for people affected by adoption. i've only just created it but i'd really appreciate any support. thanks and good luck xxxxxxxxx

http://adoptionsupport.ning.com/

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

Anonymous dysfunction said...
Today, while I was at work, my cousin stole my iphone and tested to see if it can survive a forty foot drop, just so she can be a youtube sensation. My apple ipad is now destroyed and she has 83 views. I know this is totally off topic but I had to share it with someone!

What i don't realize is in reality how you're no longer really much more well-favored than you may be now. You are very intelligent. You realize thus considerably in terms of this matter, made me for my part imagine it from so many varied angles. Its like men and women don't seem to be fascinated until it's one thing to accomplish with Woman gaga! Your individual stuffs excellent. At all times handle it up!