Image hosting by Photobucket
Wednesday, April 20, 2005
I don't usually comment on stuff like this, but....
Having solved all other problems in the state, Texas legislators have moved on to this: http://beta.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/afp/20050420/ts_alt_afp/usjusticegays_050420173703

Now like the title of the post states, I don't usually comment on things like this. That being said, it seems to me that Texans should have more to worry about than the sexual orientation of parents. We all know that there are too few foster parents to go around as it is. To further tighten the pool of prospective parents doesn't make sense to me. The are just as many heterosexual people (if not more) that shouldn't be parents. Am I wrong on this?
1 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
It amazes me how people can say they care about kids but would just pull them out of loving, capable families. That is just wrong and there is nothing "Christian" about that! I've worked in adoption since 1967 and have seen all kinds of good families. And, unfortunately, some not good. Never was the sexual orientation of the parent a factor in the ability to offer appropriate nurturing, unconditional love, and the committment needed to weather the challenges families face.

What the children in Texas need are advocates who really care about them.