Image hosting by Photobucket
Tuesday, February 14, 2006
More on Chicken
or is it moron chicken? I'll go with the latter.

I never in a million years would have thought that our blog would digress to such poor writing as to speak of chicken. If I had a way to upload video I would give you the video our JR high kids took from the Halloween party. I am not kidding when I tell you there is 5 minutes of one of the girls eating none other than... chicken.

Saturday D and I were driving to one of our favorite local burger joints for lunch. On the way there was a group of young people (let's call them hippies) protesting the aforementioned NFCPR. Now I know that this particular chain has irritated me in the past, but it is not enough to actually protest. Upon closer inspection the signs the hippies were toting displayed graphic cartoons of chickens being killed. One of the female hippies held a sign stating "Go Vegan." They were actually protesting because NFCPR sold meat! I would have loved to stop and ask them their source stating that NFCPR was in fact cruel to their chickens.

So this morning D and I were having a conversation about NFCPR. We have determined that, addictive ingredient or not, I can never again have chicken from this place. D informed me that he is not protesting them because they are cruel to chicken, he is protesting them because they are stupid.

D is now on a campaign against stupidity. He finds that it will be impossible to rid the world of the stupidity, he is just going to point it out. I told him he just needed to start his own blog that consists of all of his rants about stupidity. Even if people don't read it, I would. His stories are hilarious and I need a pick me up on occasion.
6 Comments:
Blogger Maggie said...
A campaign against stupidity. I'd love the concept if I wasn't worried that there would be days Derek could campaign against me.

Blogger Rhonda said...
Campaign against stupidity? Now there's a cause I can get behind. Sign me up. I'll carry around picket signs in front of the anonymous chicken chain. Although, without stupid people, most of Brian's job security would be gone.

Blogger Jennefer said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Blogger Jennefer said...
Just wanted to say thank you for the chocolates. My husband and I really enjoyed them! Very good!

It was actually kind of weird receiving a package from you- like proof that you all are really real people. Is that stupid? Maybe your husband needs to campaign against me too.

Blogger Gaye and Andrew said...
Thanks for the laugh...my husband and I always say that traffic backups in DC are because "someone somewhere is doing something stupid". Happy Valentine's Day...gaye

Blogger Elle said...
Gaye,
D is actually convinced that traffic back ups are caused by government paid brakers. People who get paid to spontaneously brake when traffic is actually good.

This of course stems from the fact that there will be traffic at 2pm in Seattle on a Sunday, when there are NO basketball, football or baseball games.