Image hosting by Photobucket
Friday, February 03, 2006
Weekly update
First I want to thank all of our bloggy friends for you wonderful words of encouragement. The comments and emails I received made the light a little brighter.
For the record I am still in a bit of a funk. The good news is that I do actually shower everyday and manage to get at least one productive thing done. Today's big outing is ice skating with our Jr. High kids from church. They are a great bunch of kids and of course anytime I get to lace up my skates I have to smile. I am looking forward to it.

This week's update is brought to you by my raging hate for multicity.com.

MultiCity is the company that AIA uses to facilitate our Thursday night chat group. It is an application built in to the AIA web site. Promptly at 6:00 last night we tried to log on to the chat and got a message indicating that MultiCity has some kind of new tool box and the chat won't work. At 6:01 my phone rings. It is Kathleen. Also in a panic. She frantically emails Olga to find out what is going on. Olga has no clue and is very miffed "that they would do this to a paying customer." So no hosted AIA chat. We scramble about to try and find another meeting place. So we hijack an adoption.com chat room and try to get the rest of the group there. We ended up with 4 or 5 families there. Unfortunately by this time it is about 6:40. Kathleen had already gotten an email from Olga that there was in fact no new news.
The going theory is that the Russian government or MOE has now moved to a "pull a name out of a hat" system. Evidently our agencies name wasn't picked yet.

As always I have some type of side note. Derek and I (ok more me than D) have decided to make handmade truffles for Valentines Day. This is our attempt at yet another fundraiser. It has been since August that we have attempted one. So if you go to my Urban Landscapes site you will see all the wonderful stuff we are selling. You can check out the Valentine's site or the Other Items site. The best part is I figured out how to set up a PayPal shopping cart so you can now buy with a credit card or debit card! Go check it out. Tell your friends and family! The chocolates are yummy!!

We know that our friends and family have given so much to help us already. There are no words really to describe how grateful we truly are for your help. However, the third trip has caught us off guard and greatly influenced our budget. We are using trying some creative approaches to earning the money we need.

Also... look for "Free the Peruvian Burros" t-shirts coming soon!
3 Comments:
Blogger Maggie said...
I will so buy a "Free the Peruvian Burros" t-shirt. Maybe I'll even buy one for my agency's Russian program director. It's a more useful purchase than yellow roses!

Blogger Rhonda said...
I think the chocolates are a great idea! Perfect for Valentine's Day.

Blogger Jennefer said...
Ok I bought some chocolates for my husband for Valentines. So they BETTER be good. Actually I am going to tell him that I made them by hand myself personalized just for him. Can I do that? Just kidding.