Image hosting by Photobucket
Friday, January 20, 2006
And a fun time was had by all
First I would like to apologize for the fact that our template might have looked a little screwed up. And if you have checked our blog multiple times today I am sure you saw something different everytime you checked. I thought I had figured out this really cool trick, but it turns out I didn't. Ok, I did, but for those of you still stuck in the stone age with Internet Explorer it didn't work. It looked fantastic on my computer! You all should have stopped by to see it!

But alas... it was not to be. I couldn't stand the thought of you guys looking at half-assed work. So I am back to a relatively plain layout. Don't get me wrong, the graphics are all Elle, but I can't figure out how to change some colors that I don't like and I am at the point where I don't really care.

So I suppose this being the end of the week you are looking for the weekly update.

Let's say that this weekly update is brought to you by Prozac. Lord help me I need some. (I really did have something more clever, but since my mom reads this blog I thought better of extreme profanity)

There really isn't any big news to share. All the paperwork the MoE needed for reaccreditation has been completed and we are just waiting for them to sign the document. Sounds fantastic right? Oh I will be the first to tell you that this is definitely good news, but... Isn't there always a but?

It seems that mother nature now wants to intervene in the process. If it isn't one thing it is another. Apparently Moscow, and most of Russia, has been hit with an extremely deep freeze. To conserve power the Russians are closing certain buildings and suggesting that residents stay home. So that means no one is working!!!!!! The MoE is apparently closed for the rest of the week.

I am not sure when they are supposed to reopen or when this cold front is supposed to move on through, but this is putting a big kink in my life.

I refer back to an earlier post in which I mentioned starting an ink drive. I am thinking we need to go back to this plan. In the original post it was to get ink for the ever elusive "approved" stamp. I am now thinking that we need to invent some kind of "never-freeze" pen ink. I believe this ink must also come from some remote South American village thus having to travel by burro.

I think I have officially crossed over the crazy threshold.
7 Comments:
Blogger avonlea said...
Oh, I've been thinking about the big freeze in Russia and what Pat Robertson might say about why it's happened...

Damn, if it's not one thing, it's another.

Thinking warm thoughts for Russia!

Blogger Woods Family said...
Oh my gosh! I am so sorry. I will hope for sunshine in Russia. I can't believe it!!

P.S. I have Mozilla and saw some pretty cool things on your blog the last few days. There were some stripes running through some of the text, though. I like the stones theme.

Blogger Woods Family said...
P.P.S. I forgot - my Dad was trying to have my sister(Elizabeth)travel to our sister-in-law's father's house to find some kind of anxiety medicine for me. I have to be able to prove my sanity so I couln't go get some from my own doctor, of course. That is sad when your Dad tries to force your sister into illicit drug trafficing! I must be pretty crazy.

Blogger Rhonda said...
YES! Come on over to the crazy side with me. I CANNOT believe the latest news. At this point, its actually funny. I am actually LAUGHING. Unbelievable. Well, what else can we do, except wait. Thanks for the update, now I don't have to e-mail Olga.

Blogger Maggie said...
If it not one thing it's another. Mosnews ran a story about how the deep freeze is benefiting ice cream manufacturers... now that's really stretching to find a silver lining.

Blogger Lauri said...
Man i did not know about a deep freeze- I dont balme you for going crazy- Crazy it up- you have earned your crazy stripes



Hang in there

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I'm starting to think Russians lead the good life with Holidays lasting for weeks and being told not to come to work! Hang in there!!!!!!!! Life has a way of giving us lots of dips in the road but once over the rut it's ALL GOOD!!!!!!
With you,
Mom & Mike