Image hosting by Photobucket
Wednesday, February 15, 2006
Six degrees of Chicken
I am aware that it is Thursday and that many of you are expecting the weekly update. Well I hate to break it to you. This week's update is brought to you by none other than fried chicken.

There is no news.

On with the rest of the post...


I know the last thing you want to hear is more about chicken. But talk about scary coincidence. I read the comments on a lot of people's blogs (don't ask, it's better that way). I followed a profile on a comment on Rhonda's Blog to Liv's blog and from Liv's blog I followed a profile to Twirl's blog*. Upon a little reading I found this post on Twirl's blog. I am not going to link the actual post because it actually mentions the name of NFCPR and since this household is evidently Protesting their stupidity I think it is best that, at Adoption Adventure, they remain nameless**.

where hungry people like to eat

After a long day of house and yard work yesterday, P really wanted NFCPR for dinner. Even though I had specifically shopped for weekend food, I knew he was proud of himself for all that he'd gotten done and I gave him the green light to go get takeout for himself.

After being gone for about 30 minutes he returned empty handed.

"They're out of chicken."

"huh?"

"They're out. of chicken. out."

"How can they be out of chicken?"

"I don't know. They just are."

Yeah, he was a wee bit cranky.


They may or may not have biscuits and mashed potatoes. They're likely out of honey (though if they are, they will give you grape jelly packets if you bitch.) The sad moral of this story is not to count on National Fried Chicken Parts Retailer to actually have chicken to sell. Even though it's in their name.



---------------------------------------
*Oddly enough I did not find Kevin Bacon in this process.

**The name of NFCPR has been changed to please D
3 Comments:
Blogger Liv said...
Hi! Thanks for coming over to my blog. Most of the time I feel like I just put my feelings out the cosmos. It's nice to get a comment. While you are getting an adendum/update to your homestudy, I would also make a note of some of the documents that you may have to 'refresh' by your travel dates. Some of what we had to do was criminal clearance letters, post placement letters (from your agency), and anything else that will be dated more than a year from the completion of your adoption. Good luck, now I have to read some of your blog to find out your story.

Blogger Jennefer said...
Thanks for pointing us to some other interesting blogs.

Blogger Rhonda said...
Well it sounds like many of us have had the same problem with NFCPR. Interesting.