Image hosting by Photobucket
Saturday, February 11, 2006
Happy Dancing around the house!
Again... No, we did not get the piece of paper. I find it strange that I have to preface good news for me with "It is not THE news." Funny.

WE ARE GETTING TIVO!!! Yes we live in the stone age. We do not yet have Tivo, but come Monday we will be cool like that. Of course technically it is just a DVR and not real Tivo brand Tivo, but I don't freakin' care!

I think I am the only citizen of this country who actually likes the winter Olympics. Why do I like the winter games? Ye have no clue do you. If you don't know you haven't been paying attention very well. I will spell it out for you H-O-C-K-E-Y. Olympic hockey rocks. I get to watch all of my favorite players play for their own countries, on bigger ice, with better rules. Something this good only comes around every, say... 4 YEARS. The women start today, but the men start on Wednesday. So come Wednesday, normally I would be glued to my television. But now... I have TIVO!! I can record the entire tournament and replay things like the nasty crosscheck Jager didn't get called for in Salt Lake. Ohhh, life is good.

So you want to know the real reason for the Tivo? Tuesday nights we have handbell choir. Tuesday night television is host to Commander and Chief and The Amazing Race at the same time. Of course both on when we are not home. We only have 1 VCR. Can't record both! Hence the Tivo.

TV doesn't dictate our lives... not at all.

Secretly I like curling too, but shhh, don't tell anyone!
10 Comments:
Blogger Jenny said...
Hey!!
Congrats on the DVR. I have a Tivo and can't live without it. Seriously, if I didn't have at least 10 Gilmore Girls on the tivo at one time I would be quite disturbed!!

Have fun watching hockey!

Blogger Rhonda said...
Oh Lisa,
This is a very special moment. I remember the day Tivo came into our lives. You will never be the same! Congrats!

Blogger A Room to Grow said...
Congrats and welcome to our world. We have a DVR too, and love how you can record more than one thing at a time, and start a show - put it on pause - and come back to it later. (Or rewind when you didn't hear something, or get caught reading a blog...) It's also great for taping your regular shows - no more having to remember to program the VCR.

PS. I love the Olympics too. I think we will be staying home the next 16 nights.

Blogger M3 said...
Oh yes!!!! You will never be able to watch "old-fashioned" tv again. Welcome to the new world. :-)

We have Replay TV (same thing) and I just don't even know what I would do if I had to watch an actual commercial on live tv these days. My head might explode.

Blogger Gaye and Andrew said...
I have my TiVo set up to tape every time the Olympics are on...it is so great because I can skip through the boring things and get to Hockey or figure skating or skiing. I love the olympics too...but, I love my TiVo more. Notice how I say "my TiVo" because I got it for xmas in 2004 and it is in the master bedroom and I have it set up to tape the things I want to watch...Gilmore Girls, The OC, ER, Grey's Anatomy. There would be no room for my husband's shows :) Have fun...we are snowed in under 10 inches down here in VA. Nice day to stay in and read or watch movies. ~ gaye

Blogger Jennefer said...
I am very jealous. We don't have a DVR or Tivo. I wanted a Tivo, but we don't have a phone jack near our TV. I am waiting until Comcast merges with Tivo. It is supposed to happen later this year.

Happy Viewing!

Blogger Jennefer said...
I don't know if you have comcast cable, but here is the link:

Comcast and Tivo

Blogger Elle said...
Thanks for the link Jen, but we threw comcast out the window long ago. Along with "major phone company." (that reminds me... that story would make a really good blog post.) I have a personal war with Major Phone Company.

Our cable is through the city. I know... "the man," but we pay 1/2 of what we would with comcast and our cable modem is 1/2 the price too. You all should have city run cable, it is the best. Besides they are the ones offering the blessed DVR. I love you city cable.

Blogger Jennefer said...
That sounds like a good deal. The only choices in our area are Comcast Cable, Dish Network or Direct TV. Although I have heard Verizon Fios is coming.

We don't own a land line phone, but I am interested in hearing your story about "major phone company".

When we move out of Maryland we will have to look into the possibility of other (better deal)companies. I agree that Comcast is way overpriced!

Blogger Maggie said...
I love the Olympics, too. But I have speed skating in my blood... that's my favorite sport to watch.