Image hosting by Photobucket
Saturday, February 25, 2006
I'm gonna be a Mom
Today brings a little less of the freaking out. I still have no clue what to do with this thing when it arrives. Like what do you feed it and what do you do if it cries. Most people gradually evolve into toddler parenting. But not us Buddy. Bam!! Instant Destructo-Kid. My house will never be the same. I am not sure if I am prepared for that. I guess it is a little too late at this point though.

On a totally different subject... How do you know when you have the best husband in the world? Well I'll tell you. When you are driving down the road trying to figure out what to do for the day and your husband turns to you and says, "Well we could go to the mall and get you an outfit for court." This is nearly as good as him giving permission to purchase the handbag you have always wanted. You know the one. The one in the locked glass case that if you have to ask how much it costs you can't afford it. Yeah just like that.

D is the best. He is one of the rarest of the male species. He actually likes to shop. We can thank his sisters for this one. He has 2 older sisters. Thanks Lee and G. Pretrained shopping males are very hard to come by. D is the stereotypical Metro-sexual. He loves to shop!!! Bonus for me. Back off ladies! He's mine and there is no way I am giving him up!!! EVER!!!

During this shopping extravaganza I did manage to get myself an outfit for court. I am not much of the suit kind of girl. I have no occasion to wear them. So I ended up with a tweed partially pleated skirt in a dark plum, a sleeveless light plum blouse and a light sweater in dark plum also. The outfit looks quite nice. It has been deemed by the shopping male to be suitable for court. I asked if he thought the judge would give me the child if I wore this. He thought she would.
5 Comments:
Blogger Gaye and Andrew said...
How fun!! What a great husband! The outfit sounds beautiful :) gaye

Blogger Rhonda said...
Yay for D. What a great hubby. Buying new clothes always makes me so happy! Sounds like fun.

Blogger Maggie said...
I hate shopping. That sounds like torture to me. But it is fun to get your court outfit. Yours sounds perfect.

I found mine (grey skirt, blue sweater with pearl grey buttons) before Xmas. I finally ordered it and wore it for my parents 50th anniversary party. Now it's lying in wait for my date in court!

Blogger Lauri said...
What a good hubby you have...
Your outfit sounds really cute

Blogger Jennefer said...
That is so great that you got a new outfit! It sounds really cute.

D should get together with Mike. He loves to shop too (clothes, furniture, everything). However, he doesn't like me to shop. He owns more pairs of shoes than me. He is a shoe fanatic! He has to have a pair of shoes for every possible different scenario he might encounter. I think it is an illness.