Image hosting by Photobucket
Thursday, February 23, 2006
The long awaited update
I know this week's update should be brought to you by some fancy champagne, but really we can't afford fancy champagne. So this week's update is brought to you by the makers of "Never Freeze Ink"*.

First I want to say thank you to all of you who posted comments and sent emails of congratulations. It really did feel good. Celebrate for us, but please keep the prayers coming for Margaret and Jen. They need your strength right now.

So I bet you are all dying to know how the whole day went down. Thank God for ECD! I wrote the earlier post and then went to do other things. I happened to randomly sit down and check my email and there was one from our coordinator. I really wish I had a video of this moment. It was like something out of a cartoon. I stared at the computer. Stared, stared and then I became a blubbering idiot as if in slow motion. I called D and he thought something was terribly wrong. I asked if he could come home for the day and I told him why. He said he would be on his way.

I spent the remainder of the morning on the phone calling everyone. Moms, grandparents, friends, work. I was so excited I was shaking!

D got home and we hugged and cried. (ok, I cried, but I had been doing that for about 30 minutes already) We called more people and then tried to figure out what to do to celebrate. We both had some work to finish. We spent a little time finishing up what really needed to be done (so hard to concentrate) and then we were off.

Where did we go? Well... 2 expensive 4 U** is where we went. What self respecting person wouldn't. We updated our registry list, because if I were actually pregnant I would be competing with an elephant at this point. This is the 2nd time my "due date" has been changed. We scoured the store looking for a hockey jersey. None to be found. So what did we buy for A? Hangers. We are going to be terrible parents. We have waited almost 9 months for this day and we buy hangers.

D, however, had the grand idea to blow some money (that we really don't have) on something for us. We have not spent a dime on ourselves in a very loooooong time. His idea was a couple of iPods. Neato huh? Up until the sticker heart attack I was all for this. I really did know how much they were, but I don't think I was prepared to actually spend it. I just couldn't justify spending that much on something totally frivilous. (this coming from the woman who carries a designer handbag)

We marched around the store in silence and out the door sans iPods. D looks at me in the car and says, "I'm disappointed, but you are right." The man really wants and iPod. Of course so do I.

After the iPod debacle we head toward home. I spent the rest of the afternoon cleaning out A's closet and putting those hangers to good use. Around 5:30 D's parents show up so we can go to our Celebratory Dinner. This is where the fun starts.

We ate dinner at Stanley and Seafort's. It is a local restaurant much like McCormick and Schmick's. We had drinks, a fantastic meal, more drinks and best yet... dessert! This joint makes the best Key Lime pie in the world!!! I love Key Lime Pie. I am not much of a dessert eater, but this couldn't be missed. It was a fantastic evening. Thanks M&D for dinner!

Once home we played A's movie. D made this awesome video from our first trip. It has photos and videos all set to music. I can't tell you how many times I have watched it. Last night it was extra special.

So the day wasn't as huge as it could have been, but we got to spend the day together. With us that is all that counts really.

I have so many more posts running around in my head, but I will hold off for now. Like D said, "hold on A, momma and daddy are coming!"

-------------------------------------------------
*For the story of Never Freeze Ink Click here

**2 Expensive 4 U is the secret name of Babies R Us as dubbed by Lauri
6 Comments:
Blogger A Room to Grow said...
I'm so glad you celebrated! You and D deserve it! Let's keep the good vibes flowing for Jen and Margaret.

Blogger Maggie said...
What a fun day! You deserve to celebrate. And thanks for sending good vibes mine and Jen's way.

I was so sure yesterday was going to be the day I couldn't even focus. But, I know businesses are closed in Russia for the holiday now, so I'm going to be patient until Monday.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Awesome day! It's funny to read about your purchase of hangers. Near the beginning of our adoption process, we were at IKEA and bought kid hangers too. At the time, we also thought it was a funny purchase, but they were so cool - all different colours, that we couldn't resist.

Blogger Rhonda said...
Sounds like a great day anyways. I can't wait until Brian gets home so we can celebrate too! I am so happy for you guys.

Blogger Jennefer said...
I am so glad that you celebrated. You deserve it. You have been waiting a long time. You will be great, practical parents (hangers are essential after all). Thanks for your comments and support for us still unaccredited PAPs. I really appreciate it!

Blogger Lauri said...
Im So glad you celebrated.....Its a great day. Dont you just love - 2 expensive 4 U ??
they have amazing stuff but i find them to be overpriced.

It wont be long now.. you have come this far